Like most small farm towns, Blakely, Ga., is rich in character but limited in its resources, which means residents often have to travel to larger cities for services they can’t find in their community.
Thanks to LifeBrite Community Hospital of Early, quality healthcare isn’t one of them.
The facility offers a range of services, from acute care and emergency services to transitional care, occupational and physical therapy services, and a nursing care facility.
A Critical Access Hospital
LifeBrite is designated as a critical access hospital (CAH). Critical access hospitals play a vital role in maintaining access to high-quality health care services in rural communities.
According to the American Hospital Association, critical access hospitals like LifeBrite provide care to millions of Americans living in vulnerable rural and urban communities. In fact, Congress created the critical access hospital designation in 1997 to help protect and preserve smaller hospitals providing quality healthcare in vulnerable areas.
In order to gain CAH designation a hospital must:
- Be 35 miles from another hospital.
- Have a 24-hour emergency room that operates seven days a week.
- Have a maximum of 25 inpatient beds for acute care or swing-bed services.
- Maintain an annual average length of stay of 96 hours or less for acute care patients.
One-stop healthcare facility
As a one-stop healthcare facility for Blakely, LifeBrite ’s services include:
- Acute care for illnesses or injuries requiring a short hospital stay and basic nursing, respiratory, laboratory, rehabilitation, and diagnostic services.
- 24/7 emergency room services to treat those unexpected injuries and ailments.
- Surgical services include wound care, endoscopy, and colonoscopy
- Swing-bed services for patients who no longer require acute care, but still need nursing and rehabilitative care to help them recover.
- Physical and occupational therapy as well as respiratory therapy for inpatients and outpatients. Therapy programs are designed to maximize independence and safety following illness, injury, and/or surgery.
- Early Memorial Nursing Home is a 117-bed skilled nursing facility with access to the main hospital resources.
Serving the community
LifeBrite is more than a hospital; it’s a healthcare facility ready to serve residents in Early County in all stages of life. In February, the hospital hosted a health fair at the Seminole Senior Center. In April, LifeBrite Early held a spring health fair at the hospital complete with face painting, car seat safety checks, and health screenings. And in May, LifeBrite Early provided free physicals for 200 Early County middle and high school students.
LifeBrite is proud to serve the community where we live and feel good about the difference we make in our neighbors’ lives every day.
Atlanta-based LifeBrite, led by CEO Christian Fletcher, operates LifeBrite Laboratories and LifeBrite Community Hospital of Stokes. To learn more about Lifebrite Community Hospital of Early, visit our homepage.